Canadian Experience Class Applications

Applying For The Canadian Experience Class

If you are already in Canada on a study permit or work permit, there is an immigration program that seeks to help temporary workers and foreign students use their experience toward applications for residency. The Canadian Experience Class allows temporary citizens to use their technical, professional, or trade experience to apply for permanent residency.

The time and resources that international students spend, while contributing to Canadian society, can now be used to help them gain permanent resident eligibility.

Are You Eligible To Transition From Temporary Residence To Permanent Residence?

Under the Canadian Experience Class program for International Students, the following requirements must be met:

They must have at least two years of post-secondary education in Canada and

The applicant must have at least one year full–time Canadian skilled work experience in certain job categories and

They also require the acceptable language proficiency (English or French) needed for occupation.

Temporary Foreign Workers with

At least two years of recent [in the last 3 years] full-time experience in a Canadian skilled work in a required job categories and

Acceptable Language proficiency (English or French) needed for occupation.

The Application Procedure for CEC Class:

Applicants are allowed to stay in the country during the application process. Additionally, they an also alloy from somewhere else in the world within one year of leaving Canada.

Selected is based on a pass/fail system.

Applicants are only selected if they meet all the requirements above and have legally come to the country to work or study. Also a valid temporary status in Canada is necessary along with appropriate language proficiency.

For Any Immigration Matter, It Is Vital To Have An Experienced Law Firm On Your Side To Increase Your Approval Chances.


With security more important than ever before, immigration has become challenging. To give yourself the best chance of navigating the complex immigration system, you must have a law firm with years of experience on your side.

The attorneys of Niren & Associates can help you prepare the required paperwork and application while also advising you how to best present the information. Immigration officials want to see an accurate and correct application. If you lack knowledge of what they are looking for, your chance of approval will decrease.

Niren & Associates has more than 30 years of experience in helping people transfer from Temporary Resident to a life as a Permanent Resident through the Canadian Experience Class.

Our Los Angeles office has a successful track record of handling US and Canadian visa cases and we would be more than happy to help you with your case.

Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Don’t delay and longer! Click Here to speak with an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer, who can get you started on your application process right away!


Updates for Canadian Experience Class: December 4, 2009


On December 4th, Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) published a major update to a chapter of its Canadian Experience Class category. The chapter that was updated involves the processing of applications for permanent residency in the Canadian Experience Class, and includes the criteria that must be met by applicants and how refusals are handled.