Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

The Alberta Provincial Nominee Program is an immigration program operated by the Government of Alberta. The purpose of the program is to process permanent resident applications in a fast and efficient manner. It is also makes it possible to immigrate to Alberta for those with a H-1B visa.

Make Sure You Meet The Criteria of The Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

If you have the desire to live in Alberta, you must meet the requirements of one of the five categories listed below. Only then can you enter Canada in a shorter period of time.

Five Categories That May Allow for Fast Tracking Canadian Immigration:

1) Employer Driven Stream (Job Offer In Alberta)

To Qualify for this category you are required to have:

Permanent full time job offer from an Alberta employer

Job is in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)

NOC 0 Legislators, senior and middle management

Usually require a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate) OR professional designation OR

NOC A Usually requires a university degree OR

NOC B Usually require 2 or 3 years of post secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or   a CEGEP

Require 18 – 72 months of apprenticeship resulting in trade certification

Individuals in the apprenticeship stage will NOT be nominated

2) International Graduate Category

Obtained degree, diploma or completed a graduate level program at a Canadian university, college, trade or technical school

The education program was at least 2 years at the undergraduate level OR 1 year at the graduate level

Have a job with an Alberta employer

Have been employed by the employer on a post graduate work permit for 6 months at minimum prior to your application

The job is in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)

3) Semi Skilled Worker Category

Permanent, full time job offer

Job offer is from an Alberta employer

Job is in an eligible occupation in one of the following ( N O C C & D )

Food and beverage processing industry

Hotel lodging industry

Manufacturing industry

Long-Haul Trucking industry

Food Services industry

Note: this occupation is limited to 600 nomination allocations per year and once this number has been met no further applications will be accepted or assessed. Currently applications are being accepted.

4) Family Stream

This program is also for people who have a relative in Alberta, such as a mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.

You are able to provide evidence of this relationship by providing an affidavit.

Your sponsor must be at least 21 years old

The sponsor has to be a Canadian Citizen OR a Permanent Resident who has lived within Canada for at least 2 years and who has lived in Alberta for the past 2 years

The sponsor is either employed, has a private pension or some other source of income with which to support both themselves and you.

Income from sources above must at minimum be CAD $15,000

The income from the sources above must be debt free, transferable and available

You AND your spouse/ common law partner must be between the ages of 21 -45

You AND your spouse/ common law partner are able to establish ONE of the following

You have both obtained an International English Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 4.0 or a minimum of level 3 on the Test d’evaluation de francais (TEF) OR

You can both demonstrate that English or French is your primary language of use OR

You have both completed a minimum of a baccalaureate in English or French

You OR your spouse/ common law partner must be able to demonstrate

Successful completion of a post secondary education or training program

The program must have lasted a minimum of 1 year

A degree, diploma or certificate must have been received

AND one of the following:

A minimum of 3 years work experience in the past 4 years OR

A 3 years of full time post-secondary school in the past 4 years OR

A combination of 3 years of full time work experience and post-secondary school within the past 4 years

You OR your spouse/ common law partner OR your sponsor can demonstrate

Intention and ability to establish in Alberta based on at least

CAD $10,000 for yourself

CAD $2,000 for each dependent

Money must be located in a recognized Canadian financial institution

5) Self Employed Farmer

You are purchasing a farming enterprise

You have a proposed business plan for the farming enterprise in Alberta

You have financial documents for your existing farming enterprise

You have documents pertaining to your education, training and work experience

A Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise

You are committed to investing at least CDN $500,000 into a farming enterprise in Alberta

You have documentation to prove access to CDN $500,000

You have sufficient farming resources to develop a sustainable farming operation

You will make a personal representation to Alberta Agriculture to demonstrate your financial capability AND specific interest in investing in Alberta

Niren & Associates Can Help Walk You Through The Application Process

We are able to review your situation and make sure you are qualified for this process. Once confirmed, we can assist you in completing your application. We can advise you on what paperwork is necessary, which documents to have on hand and when you should apply.

If you are applying for this nomination program, we hope that you start by contacting us. We can answer all your questions while helping you plan a strategy that will work best with your unique situation.

Niren & Associates has many years of experience. With out background in immigration law we can help you get the result you desire.

Our Los Angeles office has handled hundreds of US and Canadian visa cases. We have the resources needed to help improve your chance of success.

We only focus on Canadian and US immigration law, allowing us to put all our resources towards your case.

Our Canadian immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Click Here to contact a leading immigration lawyer who can help you begin this process.