How to Apply for a US Waiver of Inadmissibility?

Mary wanted to travel to Los Angeles to visit her parents who immigrated to the country when she was attending high school. In her desire to see her parents abroad,  she took a job after graduating from college and made enough  money to afford a US travel, however she gets frustrated when a visa officer denied her application. She chose to remain single and waited years, for her parents to become eligible to petition her, only to find out at the end of the day that she is considered inadmissible on health reasons.

You may be like Mary who wanted to enter the United States, but for some reason you find yourself ineligible. Let an expert immigration lawyers in Los Angeles handle your immigration frustrations and find a solution to your problem.

While there are grounds to hold you inadmissible to the United States, there are also means to take inadmissibility off your shoulders. Just stretch your arms and reach out our LA Immigration lawyers who have been in the field of immigration for decades. Call our LA immigration office at (213) 232-4397 or send your email to [email protected].

Why are you inadmissible to the US?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1952 states the following reasons for a person not to be admitted in the US:

  1. Health
  • Has a significantly public health communicable disease as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services
  • Have/had physical or mental disorder that may cause public threat
  • A drug abuser or addict according to the regulations set by the Secretary of Health and Human Services
  1. Criminal and related reasons
  • Convicted of, or admits to a crime involving immorality or unlawfulness
  • Suspected of being an illegal drug trafficker
  • A close relative of a person suspected of being an illegal drug trafficker
  • Involved in prostitution
  • Committed severe violations of religious freedom as defined in the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998, sec.3.
  • Suspected of human trafficking
  • Closely related to a suspected human trafficker
  • Suspected of receiving benefit from human trafficking activities
  • Suspected of being involved with money laundering
  • Suspected of espionage
  • Suspected of being involved in terrorist activity
  • Is closely related to a person suspected of being involved in terrorist activity
  • If entry to the US could have serious negative effect to foreign policy
  • Associated with the communist party
  • Unqualified health-care practitioner
  • Falsely claimed US citizenship
  • A stowaway or a smuggler
  • A student visa abuser
  • A holder of an expired US visa
  • Previously removed
  • Was an illegal immigrant

What should you do if you are inadmissible to the US?

You can apply for a US Waiver of Inadmissibility or ineligibility to the consular office, US Citizenship and Immigration Services office or immigration court, depending on the kind of admission you are applying for. Canadian citizens can file the form at several US ports of entry or at a Customs and Border Protection Preclearance Office. The waiver of inadmissibility will help clear the reasons for your non admission then grant you entry to the US.

How can you apply for a US Waiver of Inadmissibility?

Submit completed form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Non-Immigrant, and the relevant accompanying documents prior to travel to the US.

You may be asked to submit some of the listed accompanying documents below depending on the ground of your inadmissibility.

  1. Valid Identification and citizenship documents
  2. U.S. Fingerprint chart
  3. Biographic Information to be personally completed and signed
  4. Representative’s Declaration
  5. Declaration of purpose of your visit to the U.S.
  6. Form I-1601 (Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility)
  7. Information regarding current employment
  8. Information regarding previous U.S. employment
  9. Information regarding family members presently living in the U.S.
  10. Information regarding past and current U.S. and/or foreign investments
  11. Information regarding ties to present country of residence
  12. Official police or criminal record or evidence that no record exists
  13. Court record from actual court of conviction including plea indictment, conviction and disposition for every crime committed anywhere in the world.
  14. Personal declaration that details each arrest and evidence of reform and rehabilitation
  15. Application form for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal
  16. Form I-212 should be filed with the office where an applicant’s deportation trial was conducted

You can inquire about the status of your application after 90 days from the date of submission.  Obtaining a US Waiver of Inadmissibility is a long process which can take up to a year or more. This can be emotionally and physically draining and stressful.  Niren and Associates, an immigration law firm of over 15 years of experience, can take the pressure for you and help you with your application for a waiver.

By obtaining our professional assistance, you can effectively apply for your waiver without wasting your valuable time and energy. The assistance of our immigration lawyer in L.A. can guide you on how to easily process your application. Call us at 1-866-929-0991.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.