Denied Entry to Canada

Have You Been Denied Entry To Canada?

There is nothing more frustrating than being denied entry into Canada. This can happen for many reasons, such as if you have a criminal offense on your record. In this case, you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

A Temporary Resident Permit is issued by the Citizenship and Immigration office. It allows you to enter the country as a student, worker, or visitor if you have been denied admission because of a criminal record or medical condition.

Why have I been denied entry into Canada?

Canadian immigration regulations are strict when it comes to minor criminal offenses, even if they happened many years ago.

Before applying for a TRP at the border or airport, there are several risks that you need to be aware of. For example, it is possible that you could be turned away at the border. In some cases, you may even be detained by Canada Immigration authorities.

It is Vital to Choose the Right Immigration Firm to Assist You

In some situations, a TRP will be submitted to a Canada Consulate or Canadian Embassy. If you are a United States citizen, you are able to apply for a TRP at a Canadian Consulate within the United States. While this avoids the risk of being turned away at the border, the downfall is that it can take many months for the application to be processed and approved.  

Niren & Associates has more than 30 years of experience with US and Canadian visa cases. We have a track record of success and are able to put all of our resources towards your case.

Because we do not practice any other form of law we can put all our resources toward your application. Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Click Here to get immediate assistance from immigration lawyers for our Los Angeles, CA office today

How long Will Temporary Resident Permits be Issued For?

How long your TRP lasts is based on your particular circumstances. These can last anywhere from a few months to several years. Additionally, a TRP is can be used for single entry into Canada.

In some situations, if you were convicted of a crime more than five years ago, it is possible to present an application for Criminal Rehabilitation. With this, the crime will be wiped out which will allow you to enter Canada.

Much like the TRP, an applicant can apply for Criminal Rehabilitation at a Canada/United States order if you are a US citizen. You can also present your application at a Canadian Consulate or Embassy.

If You Have Been Denied Entry to Canada…

Then you are in need of an experienced lawyer with experience handling similar cases.

Click Here for a no-obligation assessment of your Temporary Residence Permit situation