Family Class Immigration to Canada

How to Sponsor your Relatives for Permanent Residence Within Canada

This area of Canadian Immigration deals with immigrants who are sponsored for Permanent Residence by a relative within Canada who is either a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the country.

To qualify as a Sponsor your relative must be:

Your Mother and Father or;
Your Grandmother or Grandfather or; *
Your Spouse or; *
Your dependent child or;
Your brother, sister, nephew, niece who is orphaned under the age of 19 years and who is unmarried or;

Any relative who has no relatives listed above whom they can sponsor.

The Sponsor must be able to prove that he can financially support the immigrant (and dependents) and to provide for their essential needs.

There also are several strict income requirements that the Sponsor must qualify for.

It is important to note that, if the Sponsor is seeking to sponsor a spouse or a dependent child under the age of 19 who is unmarried, then these strict income requirements will not apply.

However the sponsor will still be required to demonstrate his or her ability to financially support the immigrant.

What You Need To Know About Family Immigration

Your sponsor is required to sign a Sponsorship Agreement between the Sponsor and the Immigrant. Additionally, the sponsor must enter into an agreement with the Canadian government.

The Sponsor, once he entered into an agreement with the Government of Canada, will agree to provide for the essential needs of the immigrant and dependents for a set period of time.

If the Sponsor fails to meet any of the set terms and conditions provided for in this agreement then this could result in legal action being taken against him or her.

NOTE: As of November 5, 2011 there is a hold on all Parental and Grandparent Sponsorship Applications for a two year period. CIC has initiated SuperVisas which allow for quick 10 year multiple entry Visas for up to 24 months.

A sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is 19 years of age or older and physically residing in the country.  The sponsor must not be in person, bankrupt, and not under a removal order.

A sponsor has the option to have a co-signer whose income can be counted along with that of the primary sponsor.

The co-signer can only be the sponsor’s spouse and must also be a citizen of Canada or permanent resident of 19 years of age or older.

Sponsoring your family requires Expert Legal Assistance

Once you qualify, the next steps in the process are vital. You have to do everything right to ensure a fast and successful process. For most people, this means hiring a professional.

Our immigration attorneys can assist you in deciding how to best handle your personal situation, including paperwork and any required documentation.

Immigration is a complicated matter, making it easy to get lost in the details. We work only with immigration cases meaning that all of our knowledge and resources are put to work for you.

Niren & Associates has more than 30 years of experience. With this knowledge, we can help you gain permanent residence through family immigration.

At our Los Angeles office we have a long track record of success with United States and Canadian visa cases. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you plan a strategy to give you the best chance of approval.

Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Click Here to begin our no-obligation assessment with an immigration lawyer supported by our Los Angeles, CA office