Permanent Residence/ Green Card

Let Us Help With Your USA Green Card Application

If you want to immigrate to the United States on a permanent basis, there is a process that must be completed. The first step is to apply for a US Green Card.

There are several applications available for those interested in applying for a US Green Card or US permanent residency.

Family Based Petitions

Family Sponsorships

Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a US Green Card using the family based petition if you have relatives living in the US as US citizens or Green Card holders.

It also may be possible for certain family members to sponsor or petition you for a Green Card.

US Green Card Applications Are Difficult to Acquire. Let Us Help

In our security-conscious world, the immigration process is becoming increasingly more challenging. Our job is to make sure you file the proper paperwork for the proper type of visa.

We can also help you assess your situation. This consultation will help you better understand your situation and how to best move forward in the future. As we only handle immigration law, all our resources are dedicated to giving your application the personal care it deserves.

An immigration official will first check that your application is in order. One missing document could delay your application, or worse yet, result in a denial.

Our Los Angeles office has a proven track record for handling US and Canadian immigration cases with success. Contact us to have all your questions answered.

Our US immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now.

Click Here to speak to one of our US immigration lawyers from our Los Angeles, CA office

Information on a Spousal Sponsorship Petitions I-130

If the applicant is married to a US citizen or green card holder, it may be possible for your spouse to sponsor you through the use of an I-30 petition.

Your spouse must earn an income that is equivalent to at least 125% above the poverty line.

If your spouse does not meet income requirements, your spouse is required to have a co-signer or co-sponsor followed by the completion of an I-864 application.

Additionally, if your spouse is not a US citizen and only has a green card or is a US permanent resident, the application can take a longer period of time. In some cases, it may take several years for the application to be processed.

In a situation where this not the case, your spouse will be required to have a co-sponsor or co-signer fill out an I-864 application form.

Also if your spouse is not a US Citizen and only possesses a Green Card or is a US Permanent Resident, then the application can take much longer. At worst, it may take several years for the application to be processed.

US Citizen Spouses Have Two Different Application Procedures Available To Them:

1. The Consular Processing application-This is a process where the foreign spouse lives outside of the US while the application is being processed and the application is then forwarded to that spouse’s local US Consulate.

2. The Adjustment of Status (AOS) process– this process is for applicants who are already in the US usually as visitors, workers or students and who marry a US Citizen and want to remain in the US while their Spousal Petition is in process.

This application involves filing an AOS application (Form I-485) along with the other applications such as the I-130 and I-864.

The application is usually filed the local district office in the state you live in.

NOTE: that if you file an AOS application you cannot leave the US until the application has been approved unless you also file an I-131 application for Application for Advance Parole with the other AOS documents.

General Family Sponsorship Petitions

There are situations in which it is possible to be sponsored for a green card by a relative who is currently a US citizen or permanent resident. This could include a parent or sibling.

It is important to note that these applications take longer than Spousal Sponsorship Applications and that the Adjustment of Status (AOS) application is usually not available in such cases.

What Exactly Are About Employment-Based Petitions for a Green Card?

There are cases when you may have a US employer that is willing to Petition the United States immigration office to help you get US Permanent Residence.

In a case such as this, most applicants are already within the US on a valid Work Visa such as an L1 Visa or an H-1B Visa.

Such Green Card applications are known as Employment Based Petitions and they typically involve filing an I-140 application to the Service Centre located in the jurisdiction of the place of employment.

Immigration Is Always Confusing. Let Us Help You Figure It Out!

The immigration process is always confusing. Fortunately, we have the knowledge and infrastructure to give your application the attention it deserves. Our immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you take the first step.

Contact Niren & Associates today to get started.

Click Here to speak with a US immigration attorney for our Los Angeles Office Today