Skilled Worker Job List To Immigrate To Canada

The NOC (National Occupational Classification) is sometimes called the Skilled Worker Job List. This is because your work experience when you apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program in Canada must match a specific category on this list to be eligible.

The National Occupational Job is list also used for research purposes among other things, and makes it so that job qualifications and descriptions for every profession are the same across Canada. It is a tool that is used for employers who are creating job listings as well as workers who are currently job seeking, as well as for immigration purposes. This way, it’s clear as to who qualifies under a particular job title.

With regards to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, your work experience used to qualify must be in Skill type 0, Skill level A or Skill level B. These categories include managerial occupations, professional occupations, technical occupations and skilled trades.

Am I eligible for the Skilled Worker Program?

The Federal Skilled Worker Program is a popular program in Canada because it can lead to permanent resident status. But because it is popular, it has strict requirements.

Along with having one year of full time job experience within the last 10 years in one of the aforementioned NOC job categories, you will be assessed on what’s called a points system. This is almost like taking a qualifying test where you are awarded points for different things, such as your educational level. The more points you have, the better, as you must have 67 out of a possible 100 points total in order to qualify for the Skilled Worker Program.

The points are awarded for things like your age, how well you can speak English or French, your work experience and your education. For example, if you have a master’s degree and a certain amount of experience, you could earn up to 25 points for the educational criteria alone. But if you only have a high school diploma, you’ll only get 5 points and need to reply on strong performances in other categories in order to be eligible.

If you take a self-assessment for the Skilled Worker Program and do not get up to 67 points, you could consider waiting on your Skilled Worker Program application OR – contact us! If you can demonstrate that you will be able to establish yourself within Canada as well as provide a life for your dependents by being able to support them, you do have options. Call us to discuss your case, we can help you.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.