Study Permit for Students

Student Visa and Study Permits within Canada

Do you have the desire to study in Canada as a foreign national? If so, you will likely need a study permit. This document is issued by the Canadian government and gives the student permission to study within Canada for a specified period of time.

The study permit will define the educational institution and course of study that you are taking.

Every year, approximately 130,000 students come to Canada to study.

What You Should Know about Gaining a Canadian Study Permit

Above all else, study permits are only temporary resident visas. You are required to satisfy a visa officer before entering the country.

It is essential that you do not make any mistakes when filling out the paperwork. Also, you must have all the required supporting documents required by the immigration officer.

There are a certain number of criteria that need to be met in order to qualify for a Study Permit:

You will require an offer of acceptance from a qualified Canadian educational institution.

The offer of acceptance has to be in the form of a letter from the institution.

You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay for the school’s tuition and general living expenses that you may accrue during your course of study up to one year.

If you are planning to study in Canada for one year, you should have around $10,000CDN available plus tuition.

You may also be required to undergo an immigration medical exam.

Let Us Help You Improve Your Chances!

We can help you better your chance of obtaining a Canadian study permit by properly structuring your application material.

No matter where you are coming from, the application process is extremely important. We only handle US and Canadian immigration, so we have the experience and knowledge to help you every step of the way.

Niren & Associates’ has more than 30 years of combined experience in helping students successfully obtain Temporary Residence Student Study Permits.

Our immigration attorneys have the experience necessary to present each application so as to best represent you, which will increase your odds of being accepted.


At our LA office, we have a proven track record of handling US and Canadian visa cases for students. All of our Canadian attorneys are fully licensed and ready to help you right now.

It is important that you don’t procrastinate, CLICK HERE to start the process of applying for a student study permit today

Note: You will not require a Study Permit if:

You take a French or English language training course that is no more than three months in duration; or

You are the spouse or dependent child of: a diplomatic or consular officer; a representative of a foreign country; or a representative of the United Nations or any other intergovernmental organization of which Canada is a member.

If you are from a visa exempt country, you do not have to apply for a visitor visa to study in Canada.

Let Us Simplify the Application Process for You

It is important to contact us as soon as possible so that we can assess your needs and present your application in the best manner possible.

Click Here to get started right away with one of our immigration lawyers from our Los Angeles office who specializes in Canadian Study Permits